Pages

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Folks Aren't Home

Hi, y'all.  Candleman and I are on the road again.  Monday we went out to lunch and just in the short jaunt from out house to the restaurant we decided we needed a little trip.  Candleman had invited my brother to take a trip with him this week to Island in the Sky in southern Utah, but he couldn't go because of previous arrangements.   So I stepped up to the plate and said I'd go.  All I need is a small opening when it comes to traveling.  I love roadtrips with my personal driver! 

We rushed home after lunch and quickly packed and hit the road aiming for Moab.  On Tuesday we decided to not go to Island in the Sky so that Candleman and Steve could still do that trip.  Instead we drove south to Blanding, then west to Hall's Landing.  We thought we'd ride the ferry across Lake Powell to Bull Frog and follow the Burr Trail over the Water Pocket Folds.  When we arrived at Hall's Landing we discovered they weren't doing the ferry until spring. 

We didn't feel too bad because the drive was remarkable.  We turned around and back tracked 50 miles and then drove up 95 to Hanksville.  I could not believe how incredibly, strikingly beautiful this route was.  We both commented that it may be the most beautiful place we ever visited.  I'm sure that I was able to enjoy the sights because it was the first part of November rather than the scorching days of July.  We enjoyed temperatures in the 60s  - it's been so pleasant.

Tonight and tomorrow night we are staying in Torrey, Utah.  We'll be doing some sight-seeing tomorrow. 

Check out our travel blog - The Folks Aren't Home.  Candleman is a wonderful writer and has written a couple of really good posts already.  I wish I had his talent for writing but I'm pretty happy to be able to read and appreciate his talent.

3 comments:

Kailana said...

I hope you have a great time!

Carrie K said...

Sounds beautiful! and fun.

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous. And your other blog is so cool! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!