Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Thanks for the Recommendations! :>

These are the recommendations I have right now. I will continue to add new ones as they are presented. Appreciate your help. Some have sent suggestions for books I've already read. I won't list those so don't think it's an oversight. There have been a few suggestions that just didn't appeal to me and I didn't list those either. If you come up with any more suggestions, please let me know.

Recommended by Fifty Books:
1. The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub (read Apr '06)
2. Timeline by Michael Crichton. (2nd by Myke)
3. Peacegiver by James Ferrel. (2nd by Myke)

from Cardine:
4. Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang (read Mar '06)

from Susan R.
5. March by Geraldine Brooks (read Apr '06)
6. Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks

from Myke:
7. Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi Remen
8. My Grandfather's Blessings by Rachel Naomi Remen
9. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
10. The Frankenstein series: Prodigal Son and City of Night by Dean Koontz

from my Mom:
11. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
12. Any of Sue Grafton's mysteries--I see she's up to the letter S. So I think I'll go with S for Silence .

from Cardine's sister, Cash:
13. Cat's Cradle byKurt Vonnegut
14. Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor

from my cousin Pam S:
15. And There Was Light: Autobiography of a Blind Hero of the French Resistance by Jacques Lusseyran
16. Body in the Belfry by Katharine Hall Page (read Apr '06)

from my sister Shaneen:
17. Fine Old High Priests by Donald Smurthwaite
18. A Wise Blue Autumn by Donald Smurthwaite
19. The Secret Journal of Brett Colton by Kay Lynn Mangum
20. Trinity by Leon Uris
21. Exodus by Leon Uris
22. Kate Shugak mysteries (Alaska) by Dana Stabenow (read Mar '06 - A Cold Day for Murder)
23. Anna Pidgeon mysteries (National Parks) by Nevada Barr

from Jennifer
24. Memoirs of a Geisha byArthur Golden

from Alyson
25. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving

from Cardine
26.
Mao: The Unknown Story by Jung Chang

from Shaneen
27. Between You and Me by Mike Wallace

from Pam
28. Fool's Puzzle by Earlene Fowler
29. Thyme of Death by Susan Wittig Albert

from Ben
30. The Meaning of Everything by Simon Winchester

from Katie
31. The City of Ember by Jeanne Duprau
32. The People of Sparks by Jeanne Duprau

4 comments:

Alyson said...

Man, those first three look awesome!! Just kidding. I think the fourth one looks really good. Maybe I'll add it to my list.

Myke Weber said...

I liked Timeline too. And, of course I loved The Peacegiver.

Myke Weber said...

I need to recommend Kitchen Table Wisdom and My Grandfather's Blessings both by Rachel Naomi Remen.

As far as novels are concerned, I loved Snow Falling on Cedars, Cold Mountain and I Heard the Owl Call My Name.

Of course the Frankenstien series by Dean Koontz.

Anonymous said...

It's Smurthwaite not Simurthwaite. I liked "Snow Falling on Cedars too, and Katharine Hall Page's mystery series is great. I'm reading Inkheart right now because katie recommended it so highly. But I'm definitely checking out both you and Alyson's lists before I go to the library again.